We are pleased to announce the release of KubeDB v2021.09.09. This post lists all the major changes done in this release since
v2021.08.23. This release is primarily a bug fix release for v2021.08.23. We have also added support for MongoDB 5.0.2. The detailed commit by commit changelog can be found here
Various KubeDB supported databases currently uses a coordinator sidecar for failover and recovery of clustered databases. This includes PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL, MariaDB and Redis. In this release we have added a
spec.coordinator field so that you can customize the resources and security context of the coordinator container.
- –namespace flag stopped working in the last release. This regression has been fixed.
pause/resumecommands will not show error when Stash is not installed.
- Customizing internal users will incorrectly cause a validation error in previous releases. This has been fixed.
- If an unknown monitoring agent type is passed in the
spec.monitor, operator will not panic.
- Fix Memory leak issue from Coordinator. The database connections are properly closed to fix this issue.
- Add support to configure Coordinator resources.
In this release, we are happy to announce that we have added support for the latest MongoDB version,
5.0.2. You can try it by installing/upgrading to KubeDB
v2021.09.09 and deploying the MongoDB database with version
5.0.2. One thing to note here, in this version, MongoDB sharding database backup isn’t working as expected. This is a known bug for
5.0.2. A fix has been committed in the upstream MongoDB 5.0.3 version. We are going to release an update once MongoDB 5.0.3 is released.
- Added support for full or partial crash recovery of MariaDB Cluster.
- Add, update, delete & rotate TLS configurations are supported.
- MariaDB version 10.6.4 support has been added.
Please try the latest release and give us your valuable feedback.
If you want to install KubeDB, please follow the installation instruction from here .
If you want to upgrade KubeDB from a previous version, please follow the upgrade instruction from here .
To speak with us, please leave a message on our website .
To join public discussions with the KubeDB community, join us in the Kubernetes Slack team
#kubedb. To sign up, use our Slack inviter
To receive product announcements, follow us on Twitter .
If you have found a bug with KubeDB or want to request for new features, please file an issue .