AppsCode held a webinar on “Managing Production Grade PostgreSQL in Kubernetes Using KubeDB”. This took place 15th July 2021. The contents of the webinar is shown below:
- What makes a database production-grade?
- What KubeDB Managed PostgrSQL offers?
- Deploy TLS secure PostgreSQL
- Version Upgrade
- Delete and Restore from Backup
Description of the Webinar Demo
From this demo we get an in depth view of how the KubeDB PostgrSQL operator works. Firstly, we can see the TLS enabled deployment of PostgreSQL. Secondly, we can see the smart upgrade operation. By smart we mean that:
- It will upgrade one pod at a time and will wait for it to join the cluster before moving to the next one.
- It will restart pods in order. First, it will restart the Primary node, then the Standby nodes.
Thirdly, we can see the Reconfiguration part of the demo. In this part, we can see the default configuration of the PostgreSQL cluster being changed according to the requirement. In the last part of the video we can see how to backup and restore the PostgreSQL data using Stash. All in all, it was an effective webinar.
Take a deep dive into the full webinar below:
Please try the latest release and give us your valuable feedback.
If you want to install KubeDB, please follow the installation instruction from here.
If you want to upgrade KubeDB from a previous version, please follow the upgrade instruction from here.
To speak with us, please leave a message on our website.
To receive product announcements, follow us on Twitter.
If you have found a bug with KubeDB or want to request for new features, please file an issue.