We are very excited to announce Stash
v2022.05.12. In this release, we have added exciting new features and improvements. We have squashed a few bugs as well. You can find the complete changelog here
. We are going to highlight the major changes in this post.
Here, we are going to highlight the new features that have been introduced in this release.
Introducing KubeDump Add-on
In this release, we have added Kubedump to our Stash add-ons family. Now, you can backup the YAMLs of your cluster resources using Stash. This add-on lets you backup the YAMLs of an application along with its dependants, all the resources of a particular namespace, and all the resources of the entire cluster.
To know more details about taking backup using KubeDump, please follow the guides from below:
Support cross-namespace Target reference
We are introducing support for cross-namespace Target reference. Now, you can refer to a Target in BackupConfiguration and RestoreSession from different namespaces. So, you can now use a dedicated namespace for keeping Stash resources isolated from your applications. It lets you manage the backup and restore of your applications across all namespaces from the dedicated namespace.
However, these features currently work for database backup only. For workload backup, you must create respective BackupConfiguration or RestoreSession in the application namespace.
To know more details on how you can manage backup and restore from a dedicated namespace, please check the documentation from here .
Add support for
topologySpreadConstraints to RuntimeSettings
You can now pass topologySpreadConstraints to BackupConfiguration or RestoreSession through
Use restic 0.13.1
We have also updated the underlying restic version to 0.13.1. It fixes some underlying bugs of restic. For more details, please follow the link here .
Bug Fixes and Improvements
We have refactored the codebase in this release for better maintainability and resiliency. Also, we have fixed some bugs and upgraded our documentation. Here are a few notable changes,
- Fix: VolumeSnapshotter backup stuck in NotReady state Fix #1439
- Fix: RBAC resources names created by Stash to avoid conflicts Fix #1438
- Improvement: Utilize user-provided RBAC permissions in backup and restore jobs for cross-namespace-target support Improvement #1441
Here are the improvements we made on the documentation side.
- Added documentation for sending backup notification into Slack incoming webhook
- Added Managed Backup section that demonstrates different use-cases of cross-namespace-target and cross-namespace-repository
- Added documentation for defining cluster wide backup policy using Auto-Backup
- Added documentation for BackupConfiguration’s NotReady and RestoreSession’s Pending state in the Troubleshooting guides
- Added documentation for Workload Identity Support in the Platform guides
- Updated Volume Snapshot documentation
- Updated FAQ section
Please try the latest release and give us your valuable feedback.
- If you want to install Stash in a clean cluster, please follow the installation instruction from here .
- If you want to upgrade Stash from a previous version, please follow the upgrade instruction from here .
To speak with us, please leave a message on our website .
To join public discussions with the Stash community, join us in the AppsCode Slack team
#stash. To sign up, use our Slack inviter
To receive product announcements, follow us on Twitter .
If you have found a bug with Stash or want to request new features, please file an issue .